To wrap up 2010, I’ve made some new improvements to NovelRank, so I thought I should give the community an update. I hope you are having a wonderful holiday break and that your sales, especially for e-books, have been huge after Christmas Day!
Here’s the list:
- The facebook ‘like’ and twitter ‘tweet’ buttons have been updated for the book details pages, and when tracking a new book
- When a book is reactivated from its inactive status, it will now take 3 times longer before it may become inactive again, to reduce the amount of false positives
- Kindle book sales estimates are more accurate when sales rank drops below 6000
- Sales estimates updated retroactively for those books affected by the above change **
- When a book has more domains added for tracking, user pages that track that book will automatically be updated with the new domain info
- More capacity available for tracking Amazon.de books in the future
If you received a new Kindle or Nook this holiday, consider picking up a copy of my newest e-book, 50 Conversation Starters for the Modern Age, for $2.99 and strike up a conversation with a stranger this season! You can even blog about it. :)
Happy New Year!
* Update 1:13pm PST (9:13pm GMT)
The initial round of ‘sales estimate’ updates were skewed very high. The formula has been fixed and reapplied.
* Update 3:18pm PST
Did a bit more tweaking based on feedback, trying to never overestimate. Done for real this time!
- Amazon.de Kindle Edition Sales Rank Tracking Now Available
- User Accounts – Multiple Books on Personal User Page
- Germany, France, and Japan Sales Rank Data
- Book Sales RSS Feed and CSV Download on User Pages
- Book Sales Rank Tracking Improved on User Pages